What is Search Engine Optimization?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the marketing process of making website friendly for Search Engines and land customers to complete the buyer’s journey and drive traffic or make a purchase on the website.
How Search Engine Works?
Search Engine works mainly on four crucial factors-
What is Crawling?
Crawling is the process in which search engine find new and updated content discoverable by links.
What is Search Engine Indexing?
This is a data stored and organized by Search Engine during a crawling process.
What is Rendering?
Rendering is a process where Google bots retrieve your pages, runs your code and assesses your content to understand the layout or structure of your site. The information is then used to rank the quality and value of your site content against others.
What is Ranking?
Ranking is the process that provides the piece of content that will best answer a searcher’s query, which means results are ordered from the most to least relevant.
- Crawl accessibility
- Compelling Content
- Keyword Optimized
- Great User Experience
- Share Worthy Content
- Title, URL and Description
- Snippet/Schema Markup
- Crawl Accessibility→ It is the process for engines to reach and index the content on a website based on crawl budget.
- Compelling Content→It should be attractive enough to convince and answers the searchers query.
- Keyword Optimized→ It is to attract searchers and engines.
- Great User Experience → Including fast loading, ease of use use, and compelling denice Us on any
- Share Worthy Content→ Share Content that earns links citations and amplification
- Title URL & Description → It should be attractive enough to draw attention and generate high CTR in rankings
- Snippet/Schema Markups → It basically help in standing out on SERPs.
SEO has 20X more traffic opportunities than PPC on both mobile and desktop.
Technical SEO Factors
- Sitemap XML & HTML
- Crawling & Indexing
- Broken Links
- Canonical Tags
Types of SEO
- On page SEO
- Off page SEO/ Link Building
- White Hat SEO Techniques
- Black Hat SEO Techniques
- Grey Hat SEO Techniques
How Search Engine Understand a Website?
Search Engine understands through schema as It’s a way to label or organize your content.
1. You can use multiple schema markups.
2. Don’t markup content not visible to visitors like reviews.
3. Mark Duplicate page with structured markup.
4. Provide original and updated content.
5. Structured markup should be an accurate accurate reflection of your page.
6. Use most specific type of mark ups for content.
7. Marked up Reviews should be genuine.
How Google bot treats Robots.txt?
- If Googlebot can’t find a robots.txt file for a site it proceeds to crawl the site.
- If Googlebot finds a robots.txt file for a site it will usually abide by suggestion sand proceed to crawl the site.
- If googlebot encountered an error while trying to access robots.txt file and can’t determine if one exists or not, it won’t crawl the site.
- Mobile first Indexing
- Google RankBrain
- Core Web Vitals
This is a brief about Search Engine Optimization. For more details and keep yourself updated, please follow Learn Digital Marketing Online.
You can find me at