Email marketing isn’t used as widely as before but if used strategically can be the biggest asset for relationship building and profit-building tools. It isn’t as effective compared to messaging or social but when done to a refined targeting email list can get the desired results.
Email Marketing Statistics 2022
- 4 out of 5 marketers said they’d rather give up social media than email marketing. (Litmus, 2020)
- 35% of marketers send their customers 3-5 emails per week. (Not Another State of Marketing, 2020)
- 31% of B2B marketers say email newsletters are the best way to nurture leads. (Content Marketing Institute, 2020)
- Brands that always include an A/B test in their emails generate an ROI of 48:1. (Litmus, 2019)
- 81% of B2B marketers say their most used form of content marketing is email newsletters. (Content Marketing Institute, 2020)
- 57.2% of marketers say the e-commerce brands they manage have 1,000 to 10,000 contacts on their email lists.
How to create an effective email marketing strategy?
Creating an effective email marketing strategy is crucial to getting the maximum out of your email marketing efforts and crafting an email that people actually open and read. Here is an outline of the email marketing strategy.
- Define your audience
This is a key step as to target a specific audience as it’s important to know the buyer persona. This will help you to know the needs of your audience and create an email tailoring what they want from your brand.
- Set your goals
It’s essential to know the context of your industry before starting with setting a goal. Browse the research done by campaign monitor stating benchmarks such as open rates, click through rates, click to open rates, and unsubscribe rates of different industries. This will help you to analyze and set realistic goals for your business.
- Create your email list
The email list is the detailed list of contacts who have opted to receive your emails. There are several ways to perform this such as by popups, social media, forms, etc. Don’t worry if you have fewer people on your list as you can start with a few and grow the email list organically.
- Select an email campaign type
Selecting an email marketing campaign can be overwhelming and you can decide based on whether you want to promote a newsletter, blog post or product launch, etc. You can select the type of email campaign and decide what is best for your audience. Segregate the email list based on the audience so that you can send the right email campaign and they find it relevant.
- Prepare a Schedule
You have to make a schedule on how frequently you want to contact your prospects. This way you can perform email marketing effectively by knowing when to promote email campaigns and save yourself from being unsubscribed from your emails. Once your schedule is ready then try to be consistent to influence your audience.
- Analyze and Measure
Measuring and analyzing are important when it comes to seeing how effective your email campaign is performing and what are its impact on the users. You can measure open rates, bounce rate, ctr rates, unsubscribes, etc. This will help you to design the right email campaign for the audience. It’s always good to perform the A/B testing to know which is working best for email marketing efforts.
How to shoot convincing emails?
- Choose an email marketing service
Email Marketing service providers help you to craft an email that looks professional and help in analyzing the email marketing campaigns to boost your results. There is a variety of features that swift the email marketing process and help you to achieve the email marketing goals.
Some of the tools for email marketing are as follows
- HubSpot Email Marketing
- Benchmark Email
Few qualities to look at when you choose an email marketing service
- Segmentation capabilities
- Good Internet service provider
- Concrete Reputation as an Email Service Provider
- Easy to use user interface
- Downloadable reports
- Follow email marketing tips
Email Marketing requires SEO-friendly emails. It also requires consideration right from crafting an email to the devices it reaches and the ultimate goal is to generate leads. Here are some of the factors that need attention for a successful marketing strategy.
- Copy – The voice should be clear and concise and should focus on one topic only
- Images – Select the images that are optimized, attractive and compatible with all devices
- CTA – Your call to action should be relevant and highly visible so that people can take action
- Timing – Study and analyze the open rates and schedule your emails accordingly
- Personalization – This is a crucial factor as the familiar tone will increase the chances of conversion.
- Subject Line – Use a clear and convincing tone aligned with the body of an email to persuade the readers and take action.
- Add email segmentation
Segmentation is crucial as it helps in sending the right email to the right inbox based on unique characteristics, interests and preferences. You can segment the email list based on contact data and behavior, location, job title, industry, language, etc.
Personalization has higher open rates and according to the litmus report, customers are more likely to make a purchase when they get a personalized email. Some of the email service providers have features for personalization tokens so now no more generic emails and utilize them in the best possible manner. Some of the ways to personalize the emails are adding the first names, sending relevant emails in the right stage of lead’s cycle and using an appropriate call to action.
You can utilize the segmentation list more effectively by creating autoresponders. They are automated emails that get triggered when a certain action is completed like downloading the ebook. Setting the autoresponders will help you to automate and forget while focusing your efforts on other important marketing and sales tasks.
- Use a proper email marketing template
An email marketing template is a great resource to create an appealing email with an attractive design and save a lot of time. Stick to a professional template that comes from reputable ESP and keep in mind the email regulations while creating your email marketing strategy.