The content ideation process is crucial in Content Marketing. Many times content marketers have content fatigue problems i.e short of content ideas available to create the perfect content. Recognizing the right content is crucial to target the audience and provide valuable information to them. Content ideas should be new, fresh and should be able to drive traffic and conversions.
Here are the important tips for generating blog content ideas or content for the site.
For gathering content ideas, you can use the following content ideation methods
1. Use the SEMrush tool and analyze the competitors and their keywords.
2. For a repository of ideas to utilize at right time, use tools such as Evernote. Also, browse the sites including Alltop and Feedly as these will help you to get an idea from the existing content. You can also install the Feedly app to check the content on regular basis.
3. Analyze your competitor’s data about the latest trends and blog posts, backlink analysis, most sharing content. Buzzsumo is a great tool for analyzing the most shared and popular content on social media platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest.
4. Check niche-specific forums, Quora, Yahoo Answers, Reddit, Linkedin discussions
, etc to know what people are discussing online about your industry. This helps in creating the content according to the problems your potential buyers or readers are facing. If you can create content to provide solutions to their problems, they can turn from your visitors to buyers.
5. Ideas can be generated by yourself or by performing brainstorm sessions in the group or marketing and sales team, SEO Analysts or social media specialists. Sometimes email queries help in generating the content ideas as you can provide the relevant content what the buyer wants from you. So it can also be a win-win situation.
6. You can perform keyword research and select keywords and make content on them. Monitor the keyword rankings and add content to the pages if your keyword ranking is falling continuously. This helps in recovering the lost rankings and chance to maintain the SERP position.
7. Check out the influencers and competitors in your industry and analyze their blog posts for generating the content ideas. This helps in knowing the topic what your competitors are targeting and sharing in order to get buyers to their site. If you can take even an idea then you can outperform your competitors as well by driving them to your site instead of their site.
8. Use Google Trends and set Google alerts to know the latest queries typed by the searchers. You can also check the auto-suggestion and related suggestions in Google as shown in the below snapshot. This helps in driving a lot of traffic
9. Featured Snippets or Instant answers are also helpful in providing a topics for content creation. Type your target keywords and see if there are any instant answers or featured snippets for that keyword. If you can create a content which comes in featured snippet or instant answers. Then you can also drive a lot of organic traffic.
Remember to use keywords with good search volume and less keyword difficulty in order to rank higher in SERPs and drive huge traffic to the site.
Ready with an idea!
Now check the next chapter of this content marketing guide for content marketing funnel.